Chief Technology Officer
Waldo is an innovative photo-finding platform that uses artificial intelligence to connect the photographer to the photographed, as seamlessly as it should be.
With Waldo, every photo of you and your family, taken by others, is delivered to your smartphone. Whether you’re at a sporting event, concert, amusement park, wedding, tourist attraction, camp, race or just chillin’ at a friend’s BBQ, Waldo finds your photos and delivers them to you. Waldo uses a combination of facial recognition, GPS, time and album code matching with the convenience of a text-based interface. For more info, read more about Waldo in TechCrunch, MIT or Venture Beat.
Waldo Events is a revolutionary photo and marketing tool for event planners. Event organizers can now deliver attendees their photos via Waldo’s fun and easy-to-use mobile platform, while at the same time amplifying their brand through in-app branding and one-tap social sharing.
Waldo Pro is a photo delivery and sales solution for professional photographers. Its innovative platform changes the process from an antiquated hunt and peck, high latency, one-off commerce transaction to a push system where the customer is delivered their “photo needles” out of the proverbial “album haystack” directly to their smartphone, in real-time, with one-click purchasing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You are a seasoned engineering leader with extensive experience in a range of technologies including microservices, have strong management skills, start-up experience and excellent communication skills with an understanding of consumer / social / mobile. You will work closely with the founder and executive team to execute on the product vision, go to market and react quickly to new opportunities. You are excited to get in on the ground floor of a startup with the opportunity to truly empower people to live in the moment.
- Manage technology team and guide tech efforts across the product suite with a consumer product sensibility
- Develop & execute a planning and development process which reliably ships quality code on time
- Lead a highly skilled, multidisciplinary, global team of engineers
- Magnetically attract and retain talent
- Together with your lead architect, develop short and long term technical strategy and roadmap
- Communicate with third party vendors and partners that interface with the platform
- 8+ years of full-stack development experience with 3+ years of management experience, preferably with web and mobile applications
- Strong application development experience and preferably direct experience with building and operating a microservices architecture at scale
- Proven track record attracting and retaining top talent and leading a high performing engineering team (experience managing remote team a plus)
- Familiarity with Kafka, Mesos and React (with GraphQL, deep learning neural networks and computer vision a bonus)
- Experience with agile development and lean startup principles
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial, startup attitude and a passion for photos and helping customers live in the moment
- East Austin office (dog-friendly)
- Flexible vacation
- Competitive benefits package
- Topo Chico and/or La Croix for days
- Unlimited high fives