Chief Technology Officer
ABOUT THE ROLE
You're a seasoned engineering leader with extensive experience in a range of technologies including micro-services, have strong skills in working with and managing remote teams, experience in working with startups, and excellent communication skills with an understanding of consumer / social / mobile.
You'll work closely with the founder and executive team to execute on the product vision, go-to-market, and react quickly to new opportunities. You're excited to get in on the ground floor of a startup with the opportunity to truly empower people to live in the moment. You'll be able to work remote and perform this role from anywhere around the world (or right here in Austin, Texas).
Waldo is an innovative photo-finding platform that uses artificial intelligence to connect the photographer to the photographed, as seamlessly as it should be.
With Waldo, every photo of you and your family, taken by others, is delivered to your smartphone. Whether you’re at a sporting event, concert, amusement park, wedding, tourist attraction, camp, race, or just chillin’ at a friend’s BBQ, Waldo finds your photos and delivers them to you. Waldo uses a combination of facial recognition, GPS, time, and album code matching with the convenience of a text-based interface. For more info, read more about Waldo in TechCrunch, MIT, Venture Beat, and the Austin American-Statesman.
Waldo Events is a revolutionary photo and marketing tool for event planners. Event organizers can now deliver attendees their photos via Waldo’s fun and easy-to-use mobile platform, while at the same time amplifying their brand through in-app branding and one-tap social sharing.
Waldo Pro is a photo delivery and sales solution for professional photographers. Its innovative platform changes the process from an antiquated hunt and peck, high latency, one-off commerce transaction to a push system where the customer is delivered their “photo needles” out of the proverbial “album haystack” directly to their smartphone, in real-time, with one-click purchasing.
- Manage a remote technology team and guide tech efforts across the product suite with a consumer product sensibility
- Develop and execute a planning and development process that reliably ships quality code on time
- Lead a highly-skilled, multidisciplinary, global team of engineers
- Magnetically attract and retain talent
- Develop short- and long-term technical strategy and roadmap together with your lead architect
- Communicate with third party vendors and partners that interface with the platform
- Proven track record leading a global/remote-based, high-performing engineering team, as well as attracting and retaining top talent
- 8+ years of full-stack development experience with 3+ years of management experience, preferably with web and mobile applications
- Strong application development experience and preferably direct experience with building and operating a micro-services architecture at scale
- Familiarity with Kafka, Mesos, and React (with GraphQL, deep learning neural networks, and computer vision a bonus)
- Experience with agile development and lean startup principles
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial/startup attitude, and a passion for photos and helping customers live in the moment
- Ability to be remote and perform the role anywhere
- Flexible vacation
- Competitive benefits package
- Unlimited virtual high fives