Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform empowering consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones or share images of others they’ve taken without having to lift a finger – whether between friends and family or a professional photographer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You are an expert in product planning, customer discovery and the product development process. You use data to make decisions, using as much objective truth as you can find. You work side-by-side with engineering to drive products from conception to launch, and work closely with customers and partners to create easy-to-use solutions that translate to profitable revenue streams. You bridge the technical and business worlds as you design technologies to fully realize our growth potential at Waldo. You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that effectively drive results.
- Drive product roadmap, timeline, and priorities
- Gather and analyze feedback from customers, engineering, sales, and the market
- Develop product requirements documents and use cases for new product features
- Work closely with design/UX, engineering to support the vision and deliver against plan and targets
- Conduct business-level verification and market testing of new feature
- Research on trends and patterns in market; perform industry research and become an expert on other products in the marketplace
- Manage business priorities and monitor progress throughout the product development process
- Own the results. Analyze KPI’s and use them to drive decision-making about the future of the product
- 2+ years of successful product management experience preferably with web and mobile applications
- Proven ability to successfully bring new products to market, on-time, on-budget, that achieve success in the marketplace.
- Experience with agile development and lean startup principles
- Solid understanding of usability and user-centric design principles
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial, startup attitude
- Actively immersed and superior knowledge of social platforms
- Experience shipping a consumer hardware product a plus
- Passion for photos and helping customers live in the moment
- East Austin office (dog-friendly)
- Flexible vacation
- Competitive benefits package
- Topo Chico and/or La Croix for days
- Unlimited high fives
- Type: Full time
- Location: Austin only
- Annual salary: $60,000 - $80,000
- Equity: 0.0% - 0.20%
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!