Senior UX/UI Designer
As a User Experience Designer, you marry data with creative insight to deliver successful user experiences. You believe in form and function equally and through a process of iteration and prototyping, you design experiences that offer intuitive utility and human connectivity. You place a strong emphasis on craft and take pride in seeking out simple solutions to complex problems.
On the product team at Waldo photos, you will work closely with the entire team to establish goals and collaborate in an iterative process of design, development and continuous optimization. Combining user experience strategy, information architecture and interaction design, you’ll define the critical user paths and holistic user experience across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile Web, Desktop). Your success is gauged by the effectiveness of the final product to meet the combined user needs and business goals.
What we do:
Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform empowering consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones or share images of others they’ve taken without having to lift a finger – whether between friends and family or a professional photographer.
While we're based in Austin, Texas we have team members across the globe. We are open to remote candidates. But we do need full-time commitment.
Your previous experience shows us that you:
- Champion design. As you look out into the world, you see opportunity at every glance for how smarter design could make for a more useful and joyful human experience. And, that’s exactly how you approach designing a users’ experience. Although your focus is not visual design, you have taste and talent for making your work look as good as it communicates.
- Have technical command with a deep understanding of the importance of technical specifications and requirements which you apply to solving user problems across each layer of the user experience— from the business strategy through a product’s launch.
- Are a born collaborator and thrive on cross-disciplinary work flows and feedback; you drive excellent results through consistent and proactive innovation and results-driven ideas; you love prototyping and iteratively ideating until the best solution arises.
Your primary responsibilities would be to:
- Define and concept UX strategy— setting the foundation for successful, and enduring digital products; completing business analysis and business requirements by auditing existing products and performing competitive research.
- Participate in all phases, from strategy to launch to optimization (this job is not just about making wireframes or participating in one phase); work iteratively on initial concepts, informed by user research, marketplace and behavior trends.
- Create data and user workflows that illustrate critical paths, site-maps and schematics that illustrate the information architecture, and page-level wireframes of varying resolution; functional prototypes for pages and unique user interface elements and interactions.
On paper, we’re looking for candidates with:
- An up-to-date online portfolio showcasing examples of your UX work (i.e. prototypes, wireframes, user journeys, and sitemaps).
- Experience with wireframing and prototyping tools, e.g. Sketch, Principle, InVision, etc.
- Experience creating vector illustrations and graphics.
- Experience with Photography and Social Products.
- Some experience with User Experience Research or running Design experiments/tests.
- 2-4 years of experience, with some of that as a UX or Product Designer in a fast growing start-up.
- BA, BS, or MS in Interaction Design, HCI, or an equivalent field.
- East Austin office (dog-friendly).
- Flexible vacation.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Unlimited (real and/or virtual) high fives.
- Type: Full time or contract
- Location: Austin, TX or Remote
- Annual salary: $70,000 - $90,000
- Equity: 0.0% - 0.20%
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!