Full Stack Engineer
Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform empowering consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones or share images of others they’ve taken without having to lift a finger – whether between friends and family or a professional photographer.
We're looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. The ideal candidate:
• will enjoy coding at all layers in a web application stack
• will be fluent in modern web application frameworks and design
• will understand how great UX contributes to customer acquisition and retention
• will learn whatever is necessary to get the job done
• will write clean, elegant, simple, testable code
• will be comfortable with git, pull requests, and code reviews
• will take pride in their work
• will want to work with others who do the same
While we're based in Austin, Texas we have team members across the globe. We are open to remote, international, contract. But we do need full-time commitment.
• Senior backend engineer / team lead, ~ 6+ years experience
• Built and shipped complex, high-performance, highly-available distributed systems
• Ability to thrive in a small team, high autonomy environment
• Leader / Mentor
• Experience / strong interest in unsupervised and supervised machine learning algorithms
• Experience / strong interest in statistical modeling or related analytic techniques
• Proficiency with data analytics tools such as Python, R, or Matlab
• Experience deploying with docker, mesos, marathon
• Experience with GraphQL
• Experience with deep learning neural networks
• Background in computer vision or artificial intelligence
• Experience with data streaming frameworks like Storm, Spark, Flink with Apache Kafka
- East Austin office (dog-friendly).
- Flexible vacation.
- Topo Chico and/or La Croix for days.
- Unlimited high fives.
- Type: Full time
- Location: Austin or remote
- Annual salary: $90,000 - $110,000
- Equity: 0.0% - 0.20%