Front End Engineer
Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform empowering consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones or share images of others they’ve taken without having to lift a finger – whether between friends and family or a professional photographer.
We're looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. The ideal candidate:
• will enjoy coding at all layers in a web application stack
• will be fluent in modern web application frameworks and design
• will understand how great UX contributes to customer acquisition and retention
• will learn whatever is necessary to get the job done
• will write clean, elegant, simple, testable code
• will be comfortable with git, pull requests, and code reviews
• will take pride in their work
• will want to work with others who do the same
While we're based in Austin, Texas we have team members across the globe. We are open to remote, international, contract. But we do need full-time commitment.
• More than 3+ years experience deploying high quality, modern web applications
• At least 1 application in production with the ability to talk in depth about your contributions
• Experience designing and building REST JSON APIs (we're using GraphQL)
• Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
• Experience using React.js (built and shipped)
• Understanding of SPA State Management patterns such as Flux (ideally Redux, or similar paradigms such as Reagent / Re-frame)
• Active blog or personal website with writings or projects demonstrating a continued learning, curiosity and interest in the latest and greatest front-end techniques and tools
• Experience with ClojureScript
• Strong markup skills (HTML5 / CSS3)
• Actually shipped a Universal JS application
• Contributor (pull requests) to libraries in the React eco-system (React.js, react-router, redux, reflux)
• Contributor (pull requests) to major JS libraries (underscore.js, moment.js, Babel, jQuery, lodash)
• Experience with React Native
- East Austin office (dog-friendly).
- Flexible vacation.
- Competitive benefits
- Topo Chico and/or La Croix for days.
- Unlimited high fives.
- Type: Full time
- Location: Austin or remote
- Annual salary: $90,000 - $110,000
- Equity: 0.0% - 0.20%