Full Stack Engineer
Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform empowering consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones or share images of others they’ve taken without having to lift a finger – whether between friends and family or a professional photographer.
We're looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members. The ideal candidate:
• will enjoy coding at all layers in a web application stack
• will be fluent in modern web application frameworks and design
• will understand how great UX contributes to customer acquisition and retention
• will learn whatever is necessary to get the job done
• will write clean, elegant, simple, testable code
• will be comfortable with git, pull requests, and code reviews
• will take pride in their work
• will want to work with others who do the same
While we're based in Austin, Texas we have team members across the globe. We are open to remote, international, contract. But we do need full-time commitment.
- Experience building Node.js web servers, CLI tools and/or microservices
- Experience building modern, front end web applications with React
- Ability to thrive in a small team, high autonomy environment
- Experience building SQL databases with a deep understanding of what effects query performance
- Built and shipped complex, high-performance, highly-available distributed systems
- Experience with GraphQL and related libraries (Apollo, Relay)
- Outstanding markup skills in HTML and CSS
- Experience leading and mentoring a team
- Understanding of Functional Reactive architecture
- Experience with Clojure, Go, Java, Kafka, Cassandra
- East Austin office (dog-friendly).
- Flexible vacation.
- Topo Chico and/or La Croix for days.
- Unlimited high fives.
- Type: Full time
- Location: Austin or remote
- Annual salary: $80,000 - $100,000
- Equity: 0.0% - 0.20%